Relax and enjoy nature on the trails!
Rantakorpi houses Icelandic horses, Estonian horses a Finnish horse and a Shetland pony. The horses enjoy a free horse’s life around the year in the stable yard and on the pastures. We offer experiences with horses in nature, in a relaxed way, listening to the wishes of the riders while offering the opportunity to develop in a variety of horse skills. The riders help with taking care of the horses before and after riding. The ride starts by fetching the horses from the pasture at an agreed time and setting them up for the ride. This takes about 30-45 minutes, so be sure to reserve about 1,5-2 hrs of time for an hour’s ride. A trail ride takes about 45-60 minutes depending on the speed and route. With beginning riders, we emphasize the handling and caretaking of the horses while the actual riding time is a little shorter. The horses are all surefooted, calm and reliable friends both on the trail and at the stables. With inexperienced riders an instructor will come with by foot, to lead and help as needed.
1 h – 25 €/pp (3-4 riders), 30 €/pp (2 riders), 50 €/pp (1 rider)
1,5 h – 35 €/pp (3-4 riders), 45 €/pp (2 riders), 75 €/pp (1 rider)
2 h – 45 €/pp (3-4 riders), 55 €/pp (2 riders), 95 €/pp (1 rider)
Trail rides can also be undertaken with a cart/sled.
If the ride you reserved fits more people, we can add more riders and possibly lower the price of the ride. You can also enquire about free spots on a ride.
Sometimes it may be possible to take three riders on a ride, making the price the same as for 3-4.
- 25 €/pp, 1 participant. 15 €/pp, 2-4 participants
- We take care of horses, lead them/try riding/take a ride on a pony cart/toboggan
- The total duration is about one hour
- Suitable for little children, the horse curious and beginning riders
- The total duration of the trip is 2-2,5 hrs, riding time about 1,5 hrs.
- 50 €/pp, 3-4 participants. 60 €/pp (2 participants), 100 € (1 participant)
- Includes sandwiches, drinks, something sweet OR sausages on the grill and bread with coffee
Regular Groups – Min. 1 h. 2 x a month (In groups of 3-5)
Minimum 2 x a month, 22 €/pp
Cancellation spot 25 €/pp
10 x 1h riding card 200 €/ pp
*Regular riders are offered other things from cart …… to trail jumping to vaulting, and sometimes we train in the arena. Occasional riders can enquire after free spots in groups.
*Every rider must have their own accident insurance.
*The farm has a safety booklet and rules on the wall, which can be familiarised. It’s important to follow safety rules.
*As payment methods we accept cash, bank card, pre-paid or mobile pay.
Attention! The minimum temperature level is about -15 C and we don’t ride in stormy weather (slight wind and rain is fine). If the circumstances are especially slippery, we may have to cancel the ride.
Instructions for Riders
- Always act calmly in the vicinity of horses, don’t yell, wave your hands around or run
- In no circumstance should you overtake the rider in front of you
- Tell us immediately if you’re nervous or scared, and be bold in letting us know about your wishes
- Don’t use your phone during riding (we can stop to take photos).
- When necessary, the stable supplies a helmet and reflective vests.
- When riding, always use gloves, heeled shoes (preferably boots) and flexible, non-chafing pants. Make sure that the trouser legs don’t rise up.
- In the winter, prepare warmly: warm winter pants, thick gloves and fleeced boots, a beanie that fits under the helmet/ helmet knit cap. In rainy weather, come with rain gear.
- Please let us know about cancellations as soon as possible, the latest on the previous day! Otherwise we’ll bill the price of the lesson.
- You can stay to watch animals after the ride and take a look at the stable boutique.
- We create the best experiences together by acting on the terms of horses, joyfully helping each other!
Visitors can also get acquainted with the other animals on the farm, the farm boutique and even reserve an animal introduction if they wish. You can read more about social pedagogical horse/animal activities on the page of rehabilitation activities. The family members of the riders can wait in the shelter of the stable room or spend time in the yard/on the lake shore.
On the Rantakorpi farm, Finnish sheep and Eastern Finnish cattle are raised on a small scale. The farm offers horseback riding trips, experiences with farm animals and sheep products.
The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development has supported the construction of this website
Rantakorpi farm © 2022 | WordPress website designed by: Mainostoimisto Sitrusmedia Oy